Try something new this Memorial Day at the 5 Boro PicNYC: a 2-day-only celebration of craft beer, gourmet eats, and live tunes taking over Governors Island on May 26th & 27th from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Buy your tickets here and enter the code "JCheese" for a discount on a general admission ticket to this fabulous event, courtesy of the Jarlsberg Cheese! http://5boropicnyc.eventbrite.com/
Expect the following:
* Food Events like the Jarlsburg Grilled Cheese Pavillion and the Slow Food Taco Challenge
* Sixpoint Beer - all the greatest hits and some new options. (Beer will not be sold before 12pm on Sunday, May 27. Beer sales will end at 4:15pm both days.)
* Hot Sauce and Blues - MUSIC ALL DAY! Hot sauce tastings/events paired with some smokin blues bands.
* Portion of ticket sales will benefit Slow Food NYC, Earth Matter, Kingsborough Community College's Culinary Program and Teen Battle Chef. For more details see www.5boropicnyc.com
The fine print:
* Food Sampling is guaranteed until 2pm. Food is first come first served thereafter.
* Must be 21 to drink. ID checked at the door.
* Beer will not be sold before 12pm on Sunday May 27th. Beer sales will end at 4:15pm both days.
* Additional beer tickets will be sold on site for $6, or four for $20. Beer tickets are all final sales.
* Additional food will be available for purchase on site.
* Event is RAIN or SHINE
* All Sales Final
* Children are free with paying adult